This document outlines how personal information may be collected and used (or not used) on this web site, and outlines responsibilities and liabilities that correspond to such collection and/or use. These terms cover this web site and its content exclusively, and do not include web sites that are linked, or malicious third-parties.It is our commitment to end users to operate this web site with integrity and honesty – taking the time, effort, and care to protect users and information that may be provided.
Collection of Information
We only collect personal information such as names, addresses, and contact information when it is voluntarily submitted by our users. The information provided is only used to fulfill your specific request, and cannot be used for any other purpose unless permission is given by the individual who provided the information.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
- Monitor your use on our website and gather analytics to help us improve your browsing experience
- Remember your preferences to personalise your visit
- Personalise our website and display information relevant to you
- Help us improve the usability of our website
Cookies on this website
|__utma||Used to determine unique visitors of this website, the cookie is updated with each page view.||2 years from set/update.|
|__utmb||Used to established and continue a session with the website.||30 minutes from set/update.|
|__utmz||Stores how you reached the website such as a website search engine, email link etc.||6 months from set/update.|
|__utmx||This cookie is used to help us test and experiment with different looks/styles of our website. This is only set when required.||2 years from set/update.|
This policy applies only to interactions taking place via the web site, and does not govern offline interactions.
Distribution of Information
We may only share your personal information with government agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation, and when it is legally required for us to do so. This information is never shared with third-party companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Security
When personal information is provided to us voluntarily by end users, we agree to make reasonable efforts to make such information secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who operate under confidentiality agreements) will ever have access to such information, and are also stipulated to make every effort to ensure security and integrity of the data.
We also use Adroll which is an independent re marketing company - Here's how they use your data.
1. About AdRolls Services
AdRoll provides targeted advertising services for it’s advertiser clients ("Advertisers"). When you visit a website operated by an Advertiser or a third party site where we could serve an ad to you, we may collect some or all of the data described in the AdRoll Service Privacy Notice. Our platform uses that data as well as other data described below to help Advertisers provide ads to you that are more relevant to you.
For example, if you visit an Advertiser's website and shop for running shoes, our Platform may later serve you with targeted ads for the Advertiser’s brand of running shoes as you browse the internet.
2. What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device's IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or phone number
- Account Information: If you open a account, we will collect your username and a password and other information to necessary to open and access your account
- Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service including survey responses
- Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processor and not stored at AdRoll.
- Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
- provide AdRoll services and customer support
- collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service
- customize, measure, and improve our website and services
- deliver targeted marketing to you
- contact you by email or phone about your account or our services including to market our services to you
3. Data Sharing
We may disclose personally identifying information (PII) about you:
- With our service providers: Companies we contract with who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your PII in connection with the services they perform for us.
- With your service providers: Companies under contract with, or acting on your behalf, who handle data (such as a customer lists) on your behalf.
- With our subsidiaries and related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of AdRoll, our Advertisers or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your PII in connection with the sale.
We also share technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to our Advertisers and other third parties.
4. Cookies and related technologies
To get more information about the individual cookies dropped by our website, please see the Adjust Ad Preferences link on the footer of our website.
5. Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: AdRoll is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
- You can request that we stop email marketing to you. You can use the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or contact email@example.com.
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access, correct or update some of the PII we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your PII. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at delight@AdRoll.com. Please note that in many cases, we hold identifiable PII only on behalf of our Advertiser clients, and we may instead direct you to contact them.
6. Data retention
PII is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
8. International transfers
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
To the extent they are applicable, AdRoll, Inc. (our U.S.-based parent company) complies with the principles of the U.S./EU and U.S./Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks regarding Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement with respect to the personal information it receives in the U.S. from the relevant European countries, effective as of the date its certification is posted to the U.S Department of Commerce website athttp://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx. To exercise their rights under Safe Harbor or file a complaint, residents of those countries may contact AdRoll, Inc. as described below, and our Advertisers can log into their accounts to directly access and correct certain information they have submitted. In the event we are unable to resolve a disagreement with a covered European resident regarding the handling of his or her personal information under Safe Harbor, we agree to resolve the matter through the International Centre for Dispute Resolution / American Arbitration Association Safe Harbor Dispute Resolution Program (http://go.adr.org/safeharbor). To learn more about the Safe Harbor Frameworks, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
10. Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or with AdRoll generally, you can contact delight@AdRoll.com.
If you are located in the European Economic Area and we are processing your data as a data controller, AdRoll Advertising Limited is the data controller of your PII. To contact AdRoll Advertising please e-mail delight@AdRoll.com or write to us at the following address:
AdRoll Advertising Limited
1, Burlington Plaza
Dublin 4, Irelan
Rights to Changes
We reserve the rights to make changes to this document and these terms without notice to end users, but will highlight any changes on this page.